The finance functionality is responsible to ensure that there is efficient and effective management of the scarce financial resources, risk and assets. Ensure that there is adherence to financial controls, internal policies and procedures. The production of informative, accurate and reliable financial reports. Ensure on going management of all contract to ensure public value for money and ensure that the funds of the organization are properly invested and monitored.
Synopses of Finance responsibilities:
- To ensure the complete recording of all operational, financial and business transactions entered into;
- Ensure proper processing of all budgeted and authorized payments;
- To record all, amongst other receipts, the levies, penalties, applications for Fidelity Fund Certificates, Deputy appointments and interest received on Trust accounts;
- To perform monthly bank reconciliations;
- To manage and record the investments and interest received;
- To manage all the fixed assets which includes monitoring and assessing the assets and to identify it for disposal;
- To ensure that the relevant internal controls are in place to identify and correct accounting errors and to identify fraud and misappropriation of assets and funds timeously;
- Ensure that the South African Board complies with all local authorities including submissions to the South African Revenue Services; and
- Provide the relevant documentation required by all other divisions within the South African Board for Sheriffs.