The purpose of the Executive Office is to support and assist the South African Board for Sheriffs in achieving its legislated mandate to;
- Provide for the appointment of sheriffs,
- Establish a Fidelity Fund for Sheriffs
- Regulate the conduct of sheriffs, and matter connected therewith.
The Executive Office is mandated to lead, direct and co-ordinate all the activities of the institution. Provide policy guidelines to all functional areas, and ensure efficient and cost-effective service delivery to all stakeholders, provide an enabling and well-coordinated approach to planning and decision making that adheres to sound public governance standards.
The Executive Manager must provide strategic leadership direction and co-ordination to the Divisions of the South African Board for Sheriffs. Develop and maintain constructive working partnerships between key stakeholders.
Advise the Executive Management Team on functional matters like;
- financial management and planning performance management objectives and progress reviews,
- developmental programmes and service delivery integration, forensic investigations,
- risk management and mitigation and internal audit.
- comply with statutory requirements and execute policy decisions cost-effectively and timeously.